Seeking Consultants on Relocation from Europe to Dubai…
Please I need your advice to relocate to Dubai. I am a doctor living in Denmark. The quality of life here in Europe is pretty good, but there are some things that make me think about moving to Dubai. By the way, I also have the Danish passport, so I can come back if I didn’t like it in Dubai.
I am considering moving for the following reasons:
1. Better salary and tax free (will be 2.5 times my actual salary)
2. Living expenses are not very expensive in Dubai compared to major cities in Denmark (See numbeo.com)
3. Better weather FOR ME myself (I hate winter, cold, ice and lack of sun which depresses me, multi-layered winter clothes, ALSO hate RAINS, etc.). So for me personally, I’d rather tolerate the hot summer and sit indoors in an air conditioned building and have the sunlight than the cold.
4. Easier to establish your private clinic later (In Europe it is strictly regulated and very difficult and requires a long period of practice to be allowed to do it)
5. I like well-established beaches with all public services, playgrounds for children, cafes, entertainment activities.
6. As far as sports are concerned, I like swimming at most, that is to say water and beach activities.
7. I love nightlife, especially the outdoors. with open cafes, restaurants, cinemas until late around midnight. In Europe all shops close at 6 p.m.-8 p.m. maximum,
8. Easier and more comfortable activities of daily living and services available in Dubai, such as shopping, supermarket,
9. Easier services available in Dubai like getting a babysitter for kids, maid, housekeeping, gardening service…..etc.
10. The cost of gasoline and energy is much cheaper in Dubai
11. I am from Arabia, so the culture of Dubai is closer to my culture.
12. Very secure in Dubai as in Europe if not more
13. Flight distance closer to my home country to visit my parents during vacation
14. Cheaper apartment rental and apartment in Dubai are better equipped, more luxurious and bigger. If things go well in Dubai, I plan in the future to buy my own house there using 10 year long term loans
15. For people saying you eventually have to leave and can’t stay there forever, I plan to do my own private business there in the future to get an extension of permanent residency (Residence by Investment)
So, after analyzing these factors, I don’t see any major negative points in Dubai but maybe my knowledge is not enough because I only visited it as a tourist and for a short time.
So please I need advice from an expat living there for a long time.
How is life there with the family and 2 children?
Do you get bored afterwards sometimes because in UAE there are only 2 beautiful cities i.e Dubai and Abu Dhabi. (In Europe many cities)
Are there any hidden negatives that you discovered later after living in Dubai for a long time?
SHOULD I MOVE OR NOT?????
Thank you in advance for your help and contribution.